Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Pantry Raid

This is my pantry.  It's small, unorganized and I don't like it one single bit that my right brain thinking is allowing you to see this.  I feel like I'm showing you my underwear drawer.  But here's what happened...actually, I don't know how it happened.  All I know is that I was doing something, probably unproductive, and the kids pulled out all the stuff from my pantry.  And I'm cool with that...nobody screamed, nobody got smacked in the face with a fake sword and nobody whined.  It was a win win situation.

So, my left brain kicked in to gear and said "hmmm, let's organize this" and my right brain said "no, it's beautiful and artistic to see all the shapes and colors mixed together" and my left brain said...ah hell, it doesn't matter.  BUT the cool part is that my kids decided to help me and as we were looking at all the colors and letters (trying to make it a learning situation), it dawned on me that we could come up with some really cool dinner combos if we just use our noggins.  My five year old came up with a can of pineapple, a can of black beans and a can of diced tomatoes...voila, it's pineapple, black bean salsa!  Now, here's your homework...go let your kids clean out your pantry...it's like a box of chocolates (you know the rest)

You know I love ya'
Big D

No comments: